About the Editor
Over the past several years I have focused on book editing, particularly for first-time authors. I have recently cut back somewhat… one must sooner or later… but that gives me more time to focus on your work. I am a published author myself and have had decades of experience as a print-media journalist. As such, I have won awards as a number of awards, particularly in editorial writing.
Editor of several books, some of which have won special recognition for their authors.
• No Longer Lonely: A gay former priest Journeys from his secret to freedom, by Ray Buteau
• Where Were You When I Was a Kid, by Len Westwood
• Forgive Yourself First, by Velma Callan Harland
• ABC Field Guide to Fairies, by S. Alexander-Heaton
• An Irreverent Guide to Spirituality, by Jack Mansfield
• Jackrabbits in the Outfield, by John Hindle
• Making Contact, by John Hindle
And many more
• Two-time winner of the International Society of Weekly Newspaper Editors Golden Dozen Award for outstanding editorial writing
• Three-time winner of the Charles Hawkins Memorial Trophy for best national editorial, Canadian Community Newspapers Association
• First-place winner of the Vopni Memorial Award for best editorial, Manitoba Community Newspapers Association
• Second-place winner of the CIDA Award for Excellence in feature writing on international co-operation
• Media Award winner, Ontario Forest Industries Association, for excellence in news and feature writing on the forest industry
• Successful independent journalist, writer and editor (Pansarina Communications Inc./Final Copy Editorial Services)
The greatest reward comes in capturing the essence of what the writer is saying and, in collaboration with him or her, improving upon it wherever possible. Prefer print media, although I have also done some copy editing of website material for clients.
Editorial and Related Skills
Newspaper and magazine articles
Personal stories and spirituality-based subjects seem to seek me out.